With the heatwave set to continue in the UK for the next few days at least, and the generally hotter temperatures in the summer, your refrigeration equipment can come under increased pressure to maintain it’s optimal performance.
To help your refrigeration equipment during periods of hot weather, taking the following steps might help:
– Where possible and safe to do so, pull fridges and freezers a few inches away from the wall to allow air to circulate overnight
– Minimise the frequency of opening and closing fridge and freezer doors
– Ensure that where possible, new food stock is pre-chilled
– Do not prop fridge/freezer doors open during goods loading
– Use counter top electric fans to help circulate air around refrigeration equipment
– Check air grilles are not obstructed by boxes or equipment
– Check internal evaporator is not obstructed by food
Remember, if you are struggling or experiencing difficulties with your current equipment, or simply require some additional equipment to help you through the summer, we have a large range of refrigeration equipment and cold rooms available for short or long term hire.